R.I.P. Howard Tate

ils nous ont quittés

Funky admins : funkiness, Wonder B

Répondre
Revpop

R.I.P. Howard Tate

Message par Revpop »

Je viens de tomber sur cette news :

"I just found out today that Howard Tate passed away on December 2, 2011. I’m very sad to hear about this today. I felt that he was criminally under appreciated and you don’t hear his name mentioned enough.

You can say he had two singing careers. First, starting out on Verve in the mid 1960′s recording the classic album, “Get It While You Can” with producer Jerry Ragovoy, which was released in 1967. He later released in 1970, “Reaction” on the Turntable label. Then on Atlantic in 1972 he released one of my favorite albums, his “Self Titled album“, also produced by Jerry Ragovoy He would soon leave the music business behind after feeling that he was not being treated right or probably paid. From the 1970′s into the 1980′s, he would go through a lot of personal challenges. By the mid 1990′s though, he would rise above his hardships, becoming a minister in Willingboro, NJ.

He would then return to singing in 2003 with the album “Rediscovered“ reuniting with Jerry Ragovoy who produced the album.

As I stated in the beginning of my post, Howard Tate deserves to be mention along side of all of the other Soul Legends from that era. He will be missed.

Here is my favorite song by him from his Atlantic self titled album called “The Bitter End

I Learned It All the Hard Way:

R.I.P. Howard Tate

funkiness
Site Admin

R.I.P. Howard Tate

Message par funkiness »

Oui j'avais vu la triste info hier, encore un grand chanteur qui n'a pas eu la reconnaissance qu'il méritait :?

R.I.P. mister Tate
funkiness brings you funk and happiness
Wonder B

R.I.P. Howard Tate

Message par Wonder B »

R.I.P. Howard Tate...

N'est-ce pas lui qui s'était remis à tourner ou est-ce que je me mélange encore les pinceaux...
Sworn to fun
Loyal to none
Phil

R.I.P. Howard Tate

Message par Phil »

Si, il a eu un creux discographique de 30 ans. Il a sombré dans la dope (cocaïne) et a vécu dans la rue pendant longtemps, avant de décrocher et devenir pasteur.

Puis en 2000 il a été contacté par Jerry Ragovoy, le producteur de ses débuts, qui lui a remis le pied à l'étrier et il a recommencé une carrière !

Avec pas mal de succès d'ailleurs. Je l'avais vu à Cognac à l'époque de son retour, et il était toujours un grand chanteur. :cool:

Mon album préféré est celui qu'il a fait en 72 sur Atlantic, avec le fameux "She's A Burglar". J'ai pu trouver que ce court extrait :

Modifié en dernier par Phil le 13 déc. 2011 10:54, modifié 1 fois.
It's what's in the grooves that count
bluesy

R.I.P. Howard Tate

Message par bluesy »

Revpop a écrit :I Learned It All the Hard Way
Phil a écrit :Mon album préféré est celui qu'il a fait en 72 sur Atlantic, avec le fameux "She's A Burglar". J'ai pu trouver que ce court extrait :
SUPERBE VOIX en tout cas, je suis conquise et sous le charme : timbre qui donne la chair de poule. Je vais regarder de plus près sa discographie.

R.I.P.

L'album Get It While You Can (Verve V6-5022, 1967) n'est pas donné. :?
"Music Makes You Move" : Funkhouse Express (1974) so... "HIT THAT ONE!" : JB
"They Call Us Wild But We Got Soul" : Wild Magnolias (1975)
Jean

R.I.P. Howard Tate

Message par Jean »

R.I.P. :(

On dit Jerry Ragovy ou Ragovoy?
Phil

R.I.P. Howard Tate

Message par Phil »

Ragovoy, bien sûr. Pourquoi cette question ? :lol: ;)
It's what's in the grooves that count
Répondre