Various – You Gave Me Reason To Live

Funk, Soul, Deep Funk, Deep Soul, Soul Funk…

Funky admins : funkiness, Wonder B, silverfox

Répondre
bluesy

Various – You Gave Me Reason To Live

Message par bluesy »

Various – You Gave Me Reason To Live - Southern And Deep Soul From Louisiana
(Kent CDKEND501, 2021)

Titres

1. Charles Greene - Baby Oh Baby (How Far You Are From Me)
2. Ike Porter & The Fabulations - If There's A Will There's A Way
3. Terrie & Joy La Roy with The Bill Parker Show Band - Without Love What Would Life Be
4. Dynamic Adam & His Excitements - Groove Maker
5. Camille Lil Bob - Soul Woman
6. Johnny Truitt - For The Good Times
7. Moody - One Man's Happiness
8. Freddie Love - Sea Of Love
9. Lee Bernard - Our Love Will Always Be
10. Count Rockin' Sidney with The Dukes - Trust
11. Chester Randle's Soul Senders - Why Did I Let You Go
12. Big Daddy Green - You Gave Me Reason To Live
13. Ike Porter & The Fabulations - Love For Love
14. Soul Shouting Tommy - To Be Loved By You
15. Sticks Herman - Lonely Feeling
16. Bobby Charles - Big Boys Cry
17. Clifton White & His Royal Knights - If You Love Me
18. Big Daddy Green - On Bended Knees Begging
19. Terrie & Joy La Roy with The Bill Parker Show Band - Why I Shed So Many Tears
20. Dynamic Adam - She's Gone
21. Lee Bernard - Don't Drive Me Deeper (Into The Ground)
22. King Carl - Blues For Men

Présentation

ACE RECORDS a écrit :A celebration of the exceptional music that can occur in the most out of the way places.

South-West Louisiana is rightly famous for its homegrown music: the Cajun sound and its black cousin Zydeco. However, situated between New Orleans and Houston, the region’s music industry was ideally placed to also record local versions of soul, country, funk, blues and pop. This compilation comprises high-quality southern soul which, due to where it was recorded, tends to have been previously overlooked.

The music here spans the early 60s, with artists such as Sticks Herman performing the local version of proto-soul, and the early 1970s, when the influence of Memphis soul could be heard in the voices of Johnny Truitt and Moody Scott. The existence of these recordings is down to record men such as Eddie Shuler, Carol Rachou and J.D. Miller capturing the local talent and touring musicians as they passed through their studios.

Shuler’s ANLA label is the main source, although the artist names are often hardly more than markers, with little known about some beyond the records they made. Terrie & Joy La Roy, Soul Shouting Tommy and Big Daddy Green, for example, all released thrilling singles, then disappeared back into obscurity. Others such as Camille “Lil” Bob carved out careers that lasted decades, whilst Bobby Charles moved from his pop hit ‘Later Alligator’ to Bearsville cult status via ‘Big Boys Cry’, a fine piece of emotional mid-60s soul. Clifton White and Chester Randle were successful band leaders, but only within the local area, and Rockin’ Sidney worked for years as a blues singer before reinventing himself as the internationally renowned face of Zydeco.

These recordings have an edge that suggests they were made outside of Southern Soul’s major recording centres, yet are instantly recognisable as soul music of the era. It is a pleasure to be able to unearth these sounds and present them to a new audience.

DEAN RUDLAND
Source : ACE RECORDS

"hifi" SOUL! (avec une bonne couche de Blues sur certains titres). :love1:

EXTRAITS sur le site du label ACE RECORDS :arrow: ICI.

CD et extraits disponibles aussi sur le site de JUNO RECORDS.

Le titre N°6 indiqué sur la compile (tracklist des deux sites ACE RECORDS et JUNO RECORDS) est le morceau "For The Good Times" (ambiance Soul), or c'est la face B du 45T de 1973 que l'on entend, "No Sad Times" où le dancefloor pointe ses vibrations... :scratch:
Je vous mets les deux titres en entier ci-après :

Johnny Truitt – "For The Good Times" / "No Sad Times" (Soul Unlimited 103, 1973)

Johnny Truitt_1973_"For The Good Times"

Johnny Truitt_1973_"No Sad Times"

:study:
Je n'ai pas la compile : merci aux personnes qui la possèdent de nous confirmer le bon morceau. :cool:

"Music Makes You Move" : Funkhouse Express (1974) so... "HIT THAT ONE!" : JB
"They Call Us Wild But We Got Soul" : Wild Magnolias (1975)
Répondre