Gloria Scott - What Am I Gonna Do

Funk, Soul, Deep Funk, Deep Soul, Soul Funk…

Funky admins : funkiness, Wonder B, silverfox

Wonder B

Message par Wonder B »

Tom Brock, Gloria Scott, White Heat, Westwing, Danny Pearson, Tara, le merveilleux Annie Blue aussi... il en a produit des trucs de oufs Barry... Pour moi il n'y a rien à jeter...

A noter que le deuxième LP de Gloria Scott a bien été enregistré mais pas sorti. Un single (merveilleux) est bien arrivé dans les bacs des disquaires mais c'est tout hélas) Où sont les bandes... que fait la police?! :lol:

Sworn to fun
Loyal to none
Revpop

Message par Revpop »

Le single de Gloria Scott c'est bien "That's the way love is" ?
Quant à Annie Blue je ne vois qu' un 45 tours sur le Net ("Loving Kind Of Woman"). Pas de 33 tours ?
funkiness
Site Admin

Message par funkiness »

Revpop, as-tu écouté le White Heat à la page précédente ?

"that's the way love is" est un titre récent si je ne m'abuse

Wonder B ?
funkiness brings you funk and happiness
in the jungle groove

Message par in the jungle groove »

je cautionne fortement le White Heat...
funkiness
Site Admin

Message par funkiness »

je crois que notre ami Revpop est un pur soulman
Phil

Message par Phil »

Je remets le lien du morceau :

Les autres morceaux sont aussi bons ?
It's what's in the grooves that count
bluesy

Message par bluesy »

in the jungle groove a écrit :je cautionne fortement le White Heat...
+1 Le titre choisi par Funkiness est un roulement de Funk plein de rondeur suave et chaude.
J'ai écouté hier et PFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, remis de nouveau, une claque sonore.

Pour en revenir à Gloria Scott, je ne fonds pas... (pour l'instant).
"Music Makes You Move" : Funkhouse Express (1974) so... "HIT THAT ONE!" : JB
"They Call Us Wild But We Got Soul" : Wild Magnolias (1975)
titisoul

Message par titisoul »

Revpop a écrit :Le single de Gloria Scott c'est bien "That's the way love is" ?
Quant à Annie Blue je ne vois qu' un 45 tours sur le Net ("Loving Kind Of Woman"). Pas de 33 tours ?
Le petit single de Gloria Scott:

A noter que l'album est sorti en pressage français!
funkiness
Site Admin

Message par funkiness »

celui-là est des 70's

mais le second album dont on a parlé me semble récent

Wonder, help me out !
Revpop

Message par Revpop »

Si vous voulez tout savoir sur ce deuxième album, il suffit de consulter le site officiel de Gloria Scott :

http://www.gloriascottmusic.com/index.html

J'ai extrait un morceau de l'interview de Gloria Scott himself, ou elle parle explicitement de cet album et incidemment de ces mésaventures avec Barry :

A second single, ‘(A Case Of) Too Much Lovemakin’’ was cited as a personal favorite and one that found favor on the modern soul scene in Britain. “Isn’t that a good song?” Gloria agreed. “Maybe I can come to England and perform that for you all. I really would like to do that.” Despite instant appeal, ‘Too Much Lovemakin’’ failed to dent the listings and subsequent research has indicated that it may not have got beyond the promo stage in America, although it did appear as a commercial single in some other countries around the world, including Britain and Australia. Things did, however, look up for Gloria when her next US 45 issue, ‘Just As Long As We’re Together (In My Life There Will Never Be Another)’, took her into the r&b top twenty. Logically, this would have led to further releases but... nothing. “That was intended to be the lead single of the second album,” said Gloria, “and, as I told you, all the tracks were cut but never saw the light of day. I’ll never know why. And my hands were tied. I was still under contract with Barry and he kept telling me he was the only one who could do anything with me and then he never did. He didn’t really do anything with his wife [Glodean White of Love Unlimited] either. I went to visit once and she said that my music was her favorite. She loved my first album, she loved that second album. I don’t understand it. She was a good singer too and Love Unlimited have been hot but he just got so, so hot himself that everything else got excluded. I guess he just couldn’t do it all. He wanted to but he just never could. Finally, it was after six years when I got a release.”

Contractually bound to White, Gloria was unable to record elsewhere and basically had to ‘sit out’ the latter part of the seventies, although, as she advised, she was able to keep working... “I did some demos for Motown. Maybe they would have been willing to sign me but I don’t know. I was still under contract to Barry at the time but he had got so busy with his own career. I kept thinking, why won’t you do something with me, especially as ‘Just As Long As We’re Together’ had done so well. I don’t understand why they just let die something that was catching on so well. And I worked with Mary Wilson - I worked with her a lot. I traveled with her a lot but I did not promote my own record because I didn’t even know how popular it had become. Then I got bored! After Mary Wilson, I really got bored with singing background. I had sung background for other artists too and I kept thinking, what about me? And I finally broke out of that mould.” She laughed... “After I got the release from Barry, I lived in Guam for about eight or nine years. I sang over there and I did quite well. Then I came back.”
Revpop

Message par Revpop »

funkiness a écrit :je crois que notre ami Revpop est un pur soulman
Yes man, je suis un indécrottable soulman, j'ai écouté le morceau "Talking" et ... ma foi .. c'est comme qui dirait Phil avec ses instrumentaux (qui plus est violoneux :D ).

Par contre je me suis donné comme objectif d'apprécier au moins quelques albums de Funk suite à vos (futurs) conseils avisés :pale:

Première piste : j'aime plutôt "One Nation Under Groove" des Funkadelic.
C'est normal y a le mot groove dans le titre, et le groooove j'adore ! :love1:
in the jungle groove

Message par in the jungle groove »

Revpop a écrit :C'est normal y a le mot groove dans le titre, et le groooove j'adore ! :love1:
en même temps, y'a presque que du groove sur le forum!
funkiness
Site Admin

Message par funkiness »

donc les morceaux du deuxième album 70's ont bien été enregistrés et n'ont jamais vu le jour, dont acte.

next step : la tracklist de cet album.
Wonder B

Message par Wonder B »

Sorry for the let down my dear Funkiness but I was working!!!

Effectivement le seul single du 2ème LP de G.Scott est bien Just As Long As We’re Together , tout à fait excellent...

Pour Annie Blu il faut que je cherche le titre mais elle n'a jamais commis de LP.
Sworn to fun
Loyal to none
Revpop

Message par Revpop »

Le single d'Annie Blu c'est pas "Loving Kind a Woman" par hasard ?
je suis entrain de l'écouter et effectivement c'est bien du Barry; avec un peu le coté Gloria S. en "moins lionne" (j'ai même entendu une grappe de sons provenant d'une harpe ....romantique à souhait :cool: )
Répondre