R.I.P. Bernie Worrell

ils nous ont quittés

Funky admins : funkiness, Wonder B

Répondre
Wonder B

Bernie Worrell - Bad news

Message par Wonder B »

Un message de Judy WORRELL la femme de Bernie...

Pour simplifier pour les non-anglophones : Judy annonce que Bernie vient d'être diagnostiqué avec un cancer des poumons en stade 4.
Il aimerait voir son nouvel album publié avant de partir dans l'au-delà... elle demande donc à tous ceux qui le veulent bien, d'aller sur la page Indiegogo et de verser une contribution pour aider à la publication de son album.
Pour info la page est ici : INDIEGOGO

I posted this before but had to take it down because our oldest granddaughter, Stephanie, had not been told yet and we didn't want her to find out via FB.

I have not wanted to share this information with anyone this soon. But, I am being told "people around the world LOVE Bernie, they would help if they knew". We shall see:
Bernie is suffering from 4th Stage Lung Cancer.
He wants his album released in his lifetime (if you have not already, please go to the indiegogo page (see Kevin's posts for the actual URL).
Then, we will address trying to find a cure for him. We have rejected chemotherapy (at this point) but he is undergoing naturopathic treatment (for which we are trying to raise money) which does the same but without the toxic chemical stew.
There is a man (Dr. James Forsythe in Reno NV) who has, reportedly, had success with late stage cancer patients. PLEASE do NOT start inundating me with methodologies. Dr. Forsythe reportedly uses a combination of naturopathic herbs and supplements AND low dose chemotherapy with cannabis oil.

Please say whatever you have to say to whichever Diety/Great Spirit/Allah/God/Jehovah in whom you believe -- and should Bernie be appearing somewhere GO SEE HIM.....just don't talk about this to him. It is totally overwhelming for him and he does NOT want a lot of emotional histrionics. (this is, of course, Judie)

1-1-16: despite my request that you not inundate me with all kinds of "this will cure him". Some of you decided to do it anyway so as you're going to do it, send them to purplewoo222@gmail.com. I'm gonna find one person to investigate all of them because I just do not have time. It would be very helpful if when you do that if you have already found out if it will accept Medicare. If not, ask what it costs If you can't do those two things, then don't send it

Sworn to fun
Loyal to none
Wonder B

R.I.P. Bernie Worrell

Message par Wonder B »

Rest in the glow of PurpleWoo. Dr. Bernard G. Worrell (April 19th, 1944-June 24th, 2016)

C'est par ces mots que je viens d'apprendre le décès de Bernie Worrell... Un des (sinon LE) piliers du son P-Funk et certainement un des plus grands claviéristes, compositeurs, arrangeurs du Funk...

Touché par le cancer depuis plus d'un an, il a finalement succombé.

Flashlight

Insurance Man For The Funk 2

Le monde du Funk est en deuil...

R.I.P. PurpleWoo

Déclaration de Judie Worrell (sa femme) :

From this day forward, Bernie Worrell is now Dr. G. Bernard Worrell, Jr. The short back story is that after years of his parents sacrificing/working hard to give their son the education he deserved, his father died. Bernie was short a half semester but, as his mom's only child, he left to work and support her. Bernie supported two households (his mom's and our's, including my daughter from my first marriage).

THIS is the man I have known/loved/argued with and stood by for 48 years.

So, it is fitting that on this day, when he has come full circle from his early music education at age 3 1/2 to age 72 with his hard earned Doctorate that we begin the saga of how this incredibly gifted musical genius was stripped of his Artist Royalties by George Clinton and his publishing by an unholy alliance between George and his good buddy (at that time), Armen Boladian of Westbound records/Bridgeport music.
What George did, led directly to Bernie needing to turn to YOU, the fans. And, oh boy, did you all stand up and support him.

I ask that you all support Bernie again and read what happened with an open mind and do one thing: share this "saga" EVERYWHERE..particularly all George Clinton sites.

In return, I SWEAR to all of you that what you are about to find out is the absolute truth. I will be posting proof too to counter all of George's lies and obfuscation.

Hold on, funkateers, all is NOT what you've been told. George has been yakking for years; now Dr. G. Bernard Worrell, Jr. speaks: http://wooniversaltruths.bernieworrell.com/

Même après la mort de son mari Judie garde toute sa combativité pour honorer la mémoire de Bernie, et continuer à se battre comme elle le fait depuis des années (puisqu'elle m'avait confié toute son histoire en Juillet 1996 lors des concerts du retour du Mothership à Central Park) pour récupérer les royalties "étoufées" par George au fil des années.

P.S. : Dernier message de Judie à l'adresse de George...

Somebody just sent this to me cause apparently George Clinton has opened his lying yap again:

"The passing of Bernie Worrell is a time of "sadness" for George Clinton, the founder of Parliament Funkadelic. "This is a huge loss," said Clinton in a statement released late Friday, June 24. "The world of music will never be the same. Bernie’s influence and contribution -- not just to Funk but also Rock and Hip Hop -- will forever be felt. Bernie was a close and personal friend and this is a time of sadness for me personally. P-Funk stands with his family and fans alike in mourning this loss. The world is a little bit darker and a little less funky without Bernie in it."

FIRST of all, George, Bernie was a personal and close friend to YOU. YOU were never that to Bernie. Friends don't lie and steal from friends. When he called you in January and left a message that he'd like just SOME OF THE MONEY YOU STOLE FROM HIM for his cancers, you NEVER even returned his call. So, *I* call you out on YOUR lies.

Bernie left you standing on the stage at Webster Hall and walked off hand-in-hand with Falu to send YOU a message. (and, no, for once, I didn't orchestrate that though I applauded his decision).

Readers, know this: George Clinton doesn't "stand in mourning" with Bernie's family, friends and fans because not one of us wants anything to do with him.
His time to make peace with Bernie was when Bernie was dying and reached out to him. I have no more time for George Clinton's lies and obfuscation.
At Bernie's request, when we finished "WOOniversal Truths" by Bernie & Judie Worrell, I am done with George. Once you read the 3rd and final installment -- coming soon, YOU can make up your own mind as to who is telling lies.
Cause, guess who has the bankruptcy papers that George pretends are "fictitious". Why do I have them? Because Bernie and I sued George for the monies he owed Bernie. The only thing Bernie and I asked of you is this: don't buy anything more from George Clinton (CDs/DVDs etc.) because NOBODY BUT GEORGE GETS PAID -- ever!!!!!

George, prove me wrong: show us the payments you made to Bernie and the others over the years. As you can't do that -- go away cause, as I've told you before: Karma is a bitch and she's coming for you.

Si vous voulez en savoir plus sur la carrière de Bernie, comment il a été embauché par George Clinton et comment çà a commencé à dériver, alors allez voir sur cette page écrite par Bernie et Judie...

WOONIVERSAL TRUTHS...

http://wooniversaltruths.bernieworrell.com/
Sworn to fun
Loyal to none
bluesy

Re: R.I.P. Bernie Worrell

Message par bluesy »

R.I.P. Bernie Worrell.
Wonder B a écrit :Hold on, funkateers, all is NOT what you've been told. George has been yakking for years; now Dr. G. Bernard Worrell, Jr. speaks: http://wooniversaltruths.bernieworrell.com/[/i]
Bernie & Judie Worrell a écrit :When Bernie was diagnosed with the cancers and the fundraising efforts were started, some of you (justifiably) questioned “why should I donate money to him. He made lots of money from all those P-Funk albums”. Well, he did not. George stole it all and we will show what he did, not only to Bernie but to all members of original Parliament-Funkadelic.
Je finis par me demander si le 'vol' caractérisé des musiciens était/est quelque chose de général dans les groupes ou bien seulement dans les groupes d'artistes noirs ? :scratch:

Funkadelic, 1971
Tiki Fulwood (batterie), Tawl Ross (guitare), Bernie Worrell (claviers), Billy 'Bass' Nelson (basse), Eddie Hazel (guitare)
"Music Makes You Move" : Funkhouse Express (1974) so... "HIT THAT ONE!" : JB
"They Call Us Wild But We Got Soul" : Wild Magnolias (1975)
Doc Emett Brown

Message par Doc Emett Brown »

Je viens de voir la nouvelle... :(

RIP Bernie.
Phil

Message par Phil »

bluesy a écrit :Je finis par me demander si le 'vol' caractérisé des musiciens était/est quelque chose de général dans les groupes ou bien seulement dans les groupes d'artistes noirs ? :scratch:
Non malheureusement, je pense que c'était/est valable pour tous. "There's no business like showbusiness" ! :?

Le George (Clinton) ne sort pas grandi après la lettre de Judie Worrell. :evil: Mais peut-être aussi que Armen Bolodian a sa part de responsabilié dans l'affaire ? En tout cas c'est bien triste... :?
It's what's in the grooves that count
Wonder B

Message par Wonder B »

Armen n'a pas vraiment de responsabilité dans l'affaire puisque les gros tubes de P-Funk sont arrivés après qu'ils aient quitté Westbound.
Je pense que George a juste 'appris' quelques trucs du métier avec Armen et les as arrangés à sa sauce pour pomper le max de fric à son avantage. Tout çà jusqu'à ce qu'Armen (qui était son pote) attiré par son blé ne lui confisque les droits d'auteurs (Westbound) et ne le vire de la ferme qu'il lui avait 'prêté' dans le Michigan... S'en suivirent des années de procès...

P.S. : j'ai rajouté le dernier message de Judie Worrell suite à la déclaration de George Clinton au sujet du décès de Bernie... Le moins qu'on puisse dire c'est que c'est chaud...
Sworn to fun
Loyal to none
leroipompon

Message par leroipompon »

Le père Clinton n'a décidément plus la cote ces derniers temps...

Enfin, reste en paix Bernie, magicien du clavier qui aura tout joué du classique à ses débuts jusqu'au jazz des dernières années, sans oublier bien sûr une inestimable participation au canon de la musique funk. Que vaut le documentaire Stranger On Earth d'ailleurs ?
superbad soul swing so good rare tracks medecine furious palm wine sound liquid flood excessive funky juice express de groove potion strange happenings sunliner party people music roots symphony
Revpop

Message par Revpop »

R.I.P. Bernie

Je l'ai connu quand il était clavier chez les mythiques Talking Heads et œuvrait dans le non moins mythique Remain In Light !

Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On) :
Wonder B

Message par Wonder B »

leroipompon a écrit :Le père Clinton n'a décidément plus la cote ces derniers temps...
Pour ceux qui ne s'intéressent qu'à la musique George reste LE mec à voir.... Et d'ailleurs son passage au Trianon reste fixé au 11 Juillet prochain si je ne me trompe pas...

Il ne rajeunit pas et quand lui aussi va disparaître, qu'il ait été un salaud avec ses musiciens passera au second plan, mais il est certain que bosser pour Brown ou Clinton n'était pas le job idéal pour ramasser un salaire décent et être rétribué à la juste mesure de son apport artistique.
Sworn to fun
Loyal to none
Phil

Message par Phil »

Wonder B a écrit :mais il est certain que bosser pour Brown ou Clinton n'était pas le job idéal pour ramasser un salaire décent et être rétribué à la juste mesure de son apport artistique.
Tu as tout dit Wonder ! ;)

Après que j'aie envoyé la lettre de Judie sur SDF voici la réponse de Timmyfunk : " When the smoke thoroughly clears, it is Armen Boladian who is the main villian in all of this."

Mais je pense qu'il n'était pas le seul "villian"...
It's what's in the grooves that count
Wonder B

Message par Wonder B »

Oui sauf que Timmyfunk est (si je ne me trompe pas) Tim Kinley, un ultra fanatique de George et qui ne critiquera jamais son idole même si ses musiciens (qu'il adore aussi mais uniquement parce qu'ils sont le vecteur du 'génie' Clintonien!) se font empapaouter à bloc! :mrgreen:
Sworn to fun
Loyal to none
Doc Emett Brown

Message par Doc Emett Brown »

C'est ce que raconte George dans son bouquin : que Armen Boladian "gérait" ses affaires et qu'il a enfumé tout le monde en gardant l'argent pour lui et en disant que c'était Clinton qui gardait la tune... Mais bon c'est l'histoire selon GC et c'est sûr que je le vois mal raconter un truc du style "ouais, j'ai gardé tout pour moi et j'ai roulé les autres".

Ce que dit la femme de Bernie, c'est que GC s'est surement fait rouler par Boladian, mais qu'il a pas attendu pour voler les autres non plus !

Après quelle est l'exacte vérité... Je serais surpris que papa George soit tout blanc dans ces affaires.
Wonder B

Message par Wonder B »

Il ne peut pas être innocent puisque sa 'liaison financière' avec Armen est terminée depuis belle lurette. Depuis rien n'a changé.
Il a finalement récupéré la propriété intellectuelle sur les albums Warner grâce à ses avocats après quelques années de bataille juridique. Il a donc fini par toucher un paquet d'arriérés de royalties, mais à ma connaissance il n'a rien reversé (en tout cas pas à Bernie!) à ceux qui étaient en droit de recevoir quelque chose!
Bon nous çà ne nous regarde pas (au final) mais c'est quand même dommage pour la légende.
Sworn to fun
Loyal to none
mathieu f

Re: Bernie Worrell - Bad news

Message par mathieu f »

Yes,rip bernie, personnage essentiel, discographie et talent considérables, son apport sur le son funkadelic /parliament est primordial. Il a changé la donne. Un très très grand
Adriok

Message par Adriok »

RIP Bernie. Sa disparition m'attriste énormément.

Ma contribution avec un petit hommage sur Bernie sur mon blog:

http://cowbell-syndrome.blogspot.fr/201 ... -in-p.html
Répondre

Funk-o-logues actuellement en ligne

Utilisateurs parcourant ce forum : Aucun Funk-o-logue et 130 extraterrestres