Pure Pleasure - By My Side / Dancin' And Prancin'

Uniquement remix et morceaux hors LP

Funky admins : funkiness, Wonder B, silverfox

Répondre
REMO

Pure Pleasure - By My Side / Dancin' And Prancin'

Message par REMO »

Pure Pleasure - By My Side / Dancin' And Prancin' (QC Records 005100X, 1980)

Un 45t de Detroit du groupe Pure Pleasure enregistré en 80 et sorti en 83 sur le label QC (Quick Cash ;) ) Records. "By my side", un très bon morceau midtempo a eu un succès local sur les radios de Detroit à l'époque et cela a permis au groupe de faire des premières parties d'artistes de renom (Harold Melvin, les Bar-Kays, les Dramatics, Al Hudson, Enchantment...) malheureusement le groupe s'est séparé peu de temps après. Je suis un peu moins client de l'autre face "Dancin' Prancin'", qui n'est pas mauvaise pour autant.

La bio de Charles Jackson:

"About Pure Pleasure
Charles A. Jackson, founder and original member of the group Pure Pleasure, started playing music at the age of 12, when he got his first guitar. He started playing backyard parties and family functions and soon formed his first group, "The Soulful Sonics", which stared getting recognition in the Detroit-metro area, doing talent shows, private parties, cabaret and night clubs.

They soon started backing up numerous singing groups like the Floaters,Destination Love. The groups popularity grew big and everyone was trying to hire them. While in attending Pershing andKettering High School , Charles contiued to further his music career by joining the choir, piano and jazz band class.

In the early 70's "The Soulful Sonics" changed their name to Pure Pleasure. While attending Henry Ford Community College, he joined the concert band,glee club,music theory,and vocal training. Playing in the "chitterlin' circuit" like, Henery's Palace,Phelps Lounge, Ben High Chapperal, and Ernie D's Ballroom to name a few, the group soon landed a recording studio, and recorded their first song"By My Side" which was released in 1983, produced by Charles Jackson and Roderick Brewer on their label QC(Quick Cash) Records.
By My Side got a lot of air play on Detroit radio stations (WLBS,WCHB,WJZZ, and WJLB) and was first broke by Detroit's own Mojo at WGPR. The group soon started touring as the opening acts for such acts as Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes,Bar-Kays,Dramatics,Al Hudson and Soul Partners, and Enchanment to name a few.
Pure Pleasure also embarked on the 1980's Air Force Tour, in Atlanta, GA , Texas, Okalahoma, Kentucky and Florida. Shortly after, the group broke up. Charles continued on with his musical career, by joining the local band Destination Love with good friend, Joyce Johnson, which at the time worked for the agency of Lori & Ross.
After 3 years of playing with Destination Love, Charles to some time off from music to spend time with his family. Now after 10 years Charles has returned back to the music scene with AVENGEANCE!!

He now tours with the band T.F.O as the backing band for such acts as The Temptations, The Platters, The Jones girls, Jr. Walker and The All-stars, The Floaters and Carl Carlton to name a few. Going by the name "CJ Styles", Charles is touring over seas in Japan,Tokyo,Germany,Amsterdam, Hollad and Belgium. Charles as also now put back together his group, Pure Pleasure, with new members, all from the Detroit area.
The group consists of CJ Styles-bass, vocals Jackie Williams-Lead vocals Al (Pablo)Hill- Lead guitar and Fonte' Everett-drums and vocals They are currently working on a new CD, and record deal."

J'ai 2 pressages, un avec le label bordeaux (le plus fréquent à mon avis) et un avec le label bleu, pour l'anecdote je serai curieux de savoir lequel est le premier ? Si quelqu'un a des infos ?

A+

funkiness
Site Admin

Pure Pleasure - By my side/Dancin' prancin' (QC, 1980)

Message par funkiness »

Joli titre ! C'est réédité par Goldmine sur la compile The Essentiel Mellow Groove.
funkiness brings you funk and happiness
Wonder B

Message par Wonder B »

Bien sympa ce mid tempo... Les cuivres sont au poil aussi, beaux arrangements...
Sworn to fun
Loyal to none
titisoul

Message par titisoul »

Très beau titre!!
Répondre