Dernier concert de Bootsy et mémoires d'Alan Leeds

Soul Brother #1 and The Funky People (Bobby Byrd, Maceo Parker, Fred Wesley, Marva Whitney, Lyn Collins, Vicki Anderson...)

Funky admins : funkiness, Wonder B

Wonder B

Message par Wonder B »

Oui mais on peut dire çà de presque tous les hurleurs de la veine James Brownienne.

Non, tout comme ITJG il me semble que l'on parle d'un autre gars qui gueule comme un membre de la famille des suidés (ou famille des porcins)!!!

Sworn to fun
Loyal to none
in the jungle groove

Message par in the jungle groove »

Oui oui on en avait déjà parlé, j'en suis presque sûr, je me rappelle d'une remarque du WB du même type mais ça ne me revient pas pour l'instant :evil: , je suis sûr d'avoir l'album en plus...
Wonder B

Message par Wonder B »

Super histoire d'Alan à propos de son engagement par James Brown...

APRIL 3 - On this date in 1970 I quit a low paying (read: no paying) “job” with Gene Redd Industries who managed the fledgling Kool and the Gang when James Brown offered me a full time gig (WITH pay). A few months earlier I had “apprenticed” at James Brown Productions and got suddenly dropped without a check (call me NOPAY BROTHER #1). Too embarrassed to go back home, I went to New York with Kool ...and the Gang on spec…..I got a piece of whatever gigs I could find them (not many – they hadn’t had a hit yet). And Gene Redd gave me a room at the Howard Johnson Inn on 8th Avenue. They might have “given” me the hotel room but after 3 weeks they failed to PAY for the room. (Makes sense really – no pay? No room!) So I started sleeping on my desk in their 57th St. office. Then Brown called to offer my original job back and all I could think of was hotel rooms with beds that were actually paid for! It seems JB had been “testing” my loyalty and commitment. Nothing like broke and homeless to focus loyal commitment. Brown said I had to find my way to his gig that night in Rochester. I borrowed bus fare, took Trailways from Port Authority to Rochester. Six hours later I was with Brown on his Lear Jet headed for Cincinnati (and a room, and a paycheck)! Hmm….Desktop to Trailways to Lear Jet in 6 hours. Show business is fantastic. Super Bad, indeed!
Sworn to fun
Loyal to none
Répondre